Buyers, Sellers, Landlords and Tenants
We’re delighted to announce that the housing market has now re-opened and buyers and sellers and tenants can once again start moving!
We are awaiting final confirmation today, but it is expected that Parliament will pass the plans put forward by Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick, who says, "This critical industry can now safely move forward, and those waiting patiently to move can now do so."
RF&O are now able to resume viewings, and help people to carry out their moving plans. With so many buyers, and sellers and landlords waiting for lockdown to end, we expect an initial surge of requests.
Over the last few weeks, we have taken dozens of calls from people wanting to view our properties as soon as viewings are possible, and these enquiries are increasing daily. To date, we have a list of around 50 buyers and tenants who have made viewing requests, and our first priority is to book in those viewings. But our priority will be to make sure our clients, our buyers, our tenants and our team are safe and comfortable with the steps we are taking and also the new changes to working practises for estate agents:
We have received guidelines on how to conduct viewings safely, and have set out our processes and policy to adhere to them. This will include:
• Personal protective equipment (PPE) –we now have gloves and masks available for all members of our team to use while conducting viewings, and also for the use of buyers, if they do not have their own.
• When arranging a viewing you will be asked whether any party is showing symptoms or has been asked to self-isolate before going ahead with any viewings.
• A 2 metres distance must be kept at all times between the viewer and the agent or homeowner.
• Limits on viewings –no more than one viewing on a property, per day.
• Only two adults can attend a viewing, and they must be from the same household.
• Time limits on viewings –no more than 30 minutes to view one property
• Viewings to be ‘contactless’ – where possible and appropriate, we will leave doors and main cupboards open, so buyers don’t need to touch them.
• All parties viewing a property will be asked to wash their hands with soap and water (or use hand sanitiser if not available) immediately after entering the property, with internal doors opened and surfaces having been wiped down before they enter. Separate towels will be provided and washed after use.
• Distance viewings – the owner or landlord or tenants must remain out of the house whilst the viewing takes place, in their car or the garden.
• We will ensure that any keys are appropriately cleaned before handover.
We are still able to conduct virtual viewings should people prefer.
We have also written a revised Health and Safety Viewings Process which our team must adhere to at all times and which is available to view on request.
We are now able to offer valuation visits to homeowners looking to move or landlords looking to rent their property, following the same safety guidelines. If you need a valuation but would prefer this to be done remotely, we can offer advice via video or you can access our online instant valuation tool on our website.
Just call us on 01773 609446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange this for you.
Please contact us
Whatever your plans, we’re here to help.
A conversation with us now may reassure you and help you make an informed decision for you and your family. If you are a landlord and are unsure how to progress with your investment please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Visits to our office will be available but only by appointment.
Just call on 01773 609446 or email email@example.com and we’ll respond quickly and in confidence.
May we take this opportunity to thank you all for your continued support and cooperation and we hope that you all keep safe and well.